Basecam electronics just released the version 2.42b7 and its a welcome updated that adds alot of new features and stability to the system. And its now also fully compatible with Mac!
If you want a free service and help with installing this firmware, Contact me (email@example.com) and we arrange it for you.
If you feel that you have the skills to make this update on your own and familiar with the SBGC, follow the steps below (But I strongly reccomend you send your unit here for the upgrade and free service):
– – You will need a working internet connection and link (USB or Bluetooth) to your NEWTON – –
1. Connect to your NEWTON, and take a note of your IMU orientation. You will need this to see what version of orientation you have. the Camera IMU orientation is the same on both but the Frame IMU orientation differs.
If your Frame IMU orientation is Y / X you have versio 1.0, if its X / Y you have version 1.2 (you can also see this if your NEWTON Controller Box has a sticker in the back with this info)
2. Download firmware and GUI
3. Download the Manual, always good to read before you start doing changes to the settings.
4. Download the default profiles that match your IMU orientation version (right click to download) :
5. Run the 2.42b7 GUI, select the matching COM port (USB or Bluetooth) and connect.
6. Select the ”Upgrade” tab.
7. Click ”CHECK”
8. You should now get an alert telling you that there is an update avaiable (2.42 b7), click ”Go to upgrade…
9. Click ”UPGRADE”
10. Check the ”I agree with license terms…” and click ”SKIP” (or fill in your email and country and click ”OK” if you like to get newsletter)
11. Now the new firmware will be down loaded and written to board.
12. now load the matching profiles you downloaded and do a frame and camera IMU ACC and GYRO calibration if needed.